Role of Data Science in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity - Data Science Expert Panel Discussion
June 19th 5:30pm
Come hear from a diverse set of experts representing the latest in data science thought leadership and expert threat hunting-security practitioners conduct an in-depth exploration on the role data science has in addressing today's cybersecurity challenges.
We will take a 360-degree view of the security data science landscape to provide a foundational understanding that highlights today’s underlying challenges and presents a perspective towards the future.
Topics to be explored:
- Deciphering AI, data science, machine learning, and the cybersecurity landscape.
- Today’s reality of applying data science to thwart cyber threats.
- Roadblocks in the path towards a data science approach to cybersecurity.
- What does the Security Data Scientist role look like today and tomorrow.
- The relevance of security domain expertise in support of a data science approach to cybersecurity.
Kelly Jackson Higgins
Kelly Jackson Higgins is Executive Editor at DarkReading.com. She is an award-winning veteran technology and business journalist with more than two decades of experience in reporting and editing for various publications, including Network Computing, Secure Enterprise Magazine, CommunicationsWeek, Virginia Business magazine, and other major media properties. Jackson Higgins was recently selected as one of the Top 10 Cybersecurity Journalists in the US. She began her career as a sports writer in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, and earned her BA at The College of William & Mary. Follow her on Twitter @kjhiggins..
Old Metropolitan Hall
101 E Main Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
June 19th 5:30pm
What you need to know
- Heavy hors d'oeuvr
- Wine & Beer
- Omni Hotel
- Residence Inn